Thursday, September 27, 2007

Preggy Twix

Prenatal preparations:
-------------------------

  • Sleep early (biggest challenge but still managed to do so)
  • Get rid of coffee and sweets
  • Avoid fish
  • Eat healty foods
  • Avoid strenuous activities
I'm pregnant!
-----------------
April 24, 2007:
I was getting menstrual cramps for days now although my period hasn't come yet. So we decided to buy some pregnancy test kit.

April 25, 2007:
At 4 o'clock in the morning. I grabbed a pack of the kit. hCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin aka pregnancy hormone) levels are very high in the morning as my research tells me, so its the most effective time of the day to test. I used it and waited for a few minutes... and then the result shows. Daddy is sleeping... I waked him up in a mellow voice... "dude..dude... it's positive" showing the test. He almost jumped out of bed. Our faces were filled with so much joy and excitement. At last! The blessing we've long been waiting for! We went to an OB my kumareng Grace referred to us. She did an ultrasound of the baby and there's our sweetie... a month and 3 days old =D Thank you God for the wonderful blessing! =D

A glimpse of the 1st trimester:
-----------------------------------
The most crucial part of pregnancy. It was a pretty good one for me. I didn't have any morning sickness. My mom says she didn't have it either for the 3 pregnancies she had. Lucky me, mana ata ako hehehe.. The only problem I had during this stage is the irony on how I can eat almost any food when I wasn't pregnant... now I despise the smell of chinese, malay and indian food. Pinoy and western food is all I can eat for now. Most of the time I crave for chicken, lutong andok's to be exact. I hate it most when the chix has been cooked with ginger ewww! To relieve my craving daddy and I went to Glutton's Bay, they have this grilled chix close to andok's taste. Can't count how much I ate that day hahaha! Yum!

2nd trimester:
------------------
My preggy tummy becomes noticeable. I started to wear maternity clothes. At 4 months I felt the "quickening" or butterfly-like baby movements in the tummy. At 5 months, our OB confirmed it's a baby girl. I can feel a part of her body started to poke in my tummy hehehe. At 6, the baby really wants to be noticed! hahaha! There's this sudden kick sometimes in multiples. At night, When I finally got my sleep there are times when she really kicked hard which keeps me awake. As for my food craving, I always think of all those kakanin we have in Pinas. Doodle's solution.. we went to Lucky Plaza to get my suman.. and mind you I even ordered halo-halo hahahah! A few days more and I'm on my way to third trimester!

No comments: